Organic flour pioneer

The history of the Meyermühle began back in 1489, when it was built on its current site as a paper mill. The ducal capital and royal seat of Landshut was considered a fertile farming region with significant grain production, which already provided work and bread for numerous millers in the Middle Ages. Christian Meyer acquired the mill in 1871. This is how the "Meyermühle" got its unofficial name and grain was milled for the first time. The first 200 tons of organic grain were processed in 1982 - the foundation stone for the organic success story of the Meyermühle was laid.


40 years of organic experience

As a reliable partner for farmers and food producers, we have been processing selected organic grain into organic ground products of consistently top quality for 40 years.


The Meyermühle is technically state-of-the-art and ideally equipped to meet the high requirements for the production of the purest organic flours in consistent top quality. Currently around 32,000 to. of organic grain are currently processed.


An important milestone - 100% organic! 
Meyermühle has been processing only organic grain since July 2019.


The receiving separation silo is put into operation. The grain intake capacity is 100 tons per hour from the time of commissioning.


In June 2016, we lay the foundation stone for the receiving separation silo. The 30-metre-high structure with an area of around 240 square meters holds around 1,500 tons of organic grain in 48 separate cells.


December 2010, we open the first fish ladder in the city of Landshut. The 38-metre-long structure increases the ecological value of the Hammerbach, which is now once again passable for fish, and contributes to the protection of native fish species. The stairs allow fish to cross the individual sections of the Isar and reach their spawning grounds.

2003 until 2007

Comprehensive modernization and expansion measures are implemented. The wheat mill is completely renovated and the grain cleaning system is expanded with a digital color sorter (Sortex). The wooden floorboards in the entire mill building are sealed with epoxy resin. The construction of a closed grain intake with automatic sample extraction (Rakoraf) increases the grain intake capacity to 100 tons per hour.


Repeat audit of the EC eco-audit.


Meyermühle's DIN ISO 9001 certification confirms our process-oriented quality management.


The environmental management system of our organic mill is officially confirmed in accordance with the DIN 14001 standard: We are the first mill in Europe to be certified in accordance with the EC Eco-Audit Regulation. The inauguration of the new flour silo plant with computer-controlled loading and component mixing system allows customer-specific mixtures of consistent quality.


To assess the environmental impact of the mill, the first internal environmental audit in the form of an eco-balance sheet is drawn up in 1993. Since then, these internal audits have been carried out annually.


1982 was a time when you needed courage and a pioneering spirit if you wanted to enter the organic sector. Meyermühle took the plunge and started processing approx. 200 tons of organic grain per year. of organic grain per year. This laid the foundation for Meyermühle's organic success story.


The comprehensive renewal of the operating equipment converted the previous elevator mill to pneumatics. Wheat, rye and grist mills are operated as separate lines.


Erweiterung der Silokapazität auf rund 6.000 Tonnen.


Complete conversion of the entire mill operation: The mechanical equipment for the mill and cleaning is renewed. Large-scale mixing facilities are created in the storage building for all ground products.


The Meyermühle becomes a public limited company. According to an official announcement by the Royal District Court of Landshut, a public limited company of unlimited duration is founded under the name "Landshuter Kunstmühle C. A. Meyer`s Nachfolger AG in Landshut".


Conversion of the Meyermühle into a limited partnership, the "Landshuter Kunstmühle C. A. Meyer`s Nachf. KG in Landshut".


The old paper mill is demolished in 1872 for grain milling. A five-storey building with stables, coach house and shed was built to house the grain mill. The core of the mill building still stands today and reflects a piece of Landshut's town history.


On August 26, 1871, Christian Meyer and Viktoria Leinfelder acquire the paper mill.


A paper mill is built on the Hammerbach in Landshut.